Sunday

Last night I met up with some old friends at Peabody's and got drunk. I left that bar, and I walked out onto the beach. There were people out in the water laughing and splashing around. I couldn't see them very well, it was dark, and I was pretty drunk. "Are all those fuckers naked out there or what?" I ran and dove in and swam blindly at the bottom. The ocean is dark as shit at night when you're swimming under the surface. I heard their garbled laughing as I swam under water. It was cold. I swam back in.

There were a lot of military type guys and girls around the beach. I was thinking: Okay, some of these folks have actually been to war in Iraq. Some of these folks have killed people and had people killed right around them. These military guys and military girls looked really young to me.

No comments: