Saturday

Sometimes when my brother, my mother and my father appear in my dreams, it is like they are returning to the stage to take their bows after the performances they gave while they were still living - like actors do after a play. Sometimes they just do what they did while they were alive. They act how they acted while they were alive. Last night I had a dream with my brother, he visited my room, and he dropped off a cooler filled with ice cream with a package of Oreo cookies on top of it. I said thanks, and he smiled. That’s something he would have done.

My mom appeared in a dream last night too. We were sitting beside a lake. I realized how thick the vegetation around the lake was, and as soon as I said, “We should watch out for alligators,” my mom vanished, and there were bubbles coming up out of the water. There were alligators everywhere. I started screaming for her, running around on the shore of the lake. After some time, somebody swam to the surface pulling her along with him - my dad I think. He dragged her to the shore, and I pulled my mom out of the water. She was fine except for a nasty cut on her leg. "Why did you abandon me?" she asked . . . Did I abandon my mom in real life, I’m wondering now.

12 comments:

Billy said...

strange intense dream. nice cool blog revamp.

Bobby said...

I had to do it, man. I've had that same template forever.

Billy said...

yup. is all good.

Anonymous said...

Like the new layout.. Maybe I should start posting again.

Pernicious.

Bobby said...

YES! Please start posting again. I like your photos page too.

Anne said...

I've said it before. I'm glad that I don't remember my dreams...

John said...

Dig the new look. I have the same dreams. I have these dreams that my ma is still alive, like she's returned after 10-plus years like she was just "away" somewhere. Sucks. I usually wake up in a shitty mood with those.

Pernicious said...

Yeah.. I have a few posts I can slap up. It's just finding the time. Just like my photography...

The Mighty Kat said...

You'll be analyzing this dream forever. Intense.

I'm glad you're at blogger now; it's easier for me to post comments. I hope you get your photos up in the sidebar again; I really enjoy them.

The Mighty Kat said...

Having said that, this thing is acting screwy when I'm posting comments here at the moment...

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»