Saturday

. . . changing my name to a brief moment of silence, spelling it with underscores . . . the symptoms are there, but there's no condition. The symptoms: sleeplessness or fitful sleep, grinding my teeth during the few, short patches of sleep, waking and rehashing undesirable memories, sporadic irritability . .. but - everything seems to be happening at its proper time. I’m learning the new job - cramming so much stuff into my head - that’s all my brain has time and energy for - and this new knowledge - I know will not transfer to any other job, I’m useful here, but when this temp job is done I’m useless again.

Is my blog just for complaining? One day I’ll get on here and start out a post by saying, “WHATAGREATDAY!”

If you have free weekends and evenings, you should call one of these old things and just talk to whomever answers.

7 comments:

r's musings said...

Sounds a lot like PMS, Bobby! Learning something new can be exhausting, that's for sure! Just stay in your pjs all weekend, vegging in front of the infomercials! lol Have a great weekend! --Robin

Bobby said...

Thanks Robin. Have you have a great one too!

Erik Donald France said...

Hey Bobby (and R),

Great post. I'm also in shock (from another school year starting up). It's exhausting; and I've had a number of temp jobs, too, which are always interesting with glimpses into the social sphere of each place. Payphones, eh? They seem to be dwindling. It's always mysterious when they begin ringing and no one's there waiting. . . . . hmmmm . . . . .
Good luck and Cheers,
Erik

Bruce Hodder said...

I have the same work-eat-sleep-shit-eat-work cycle too most of the time. And my sleep patterns are terrible. I only got three hours a couple of nights ago, then spent so much of the following evening sleeping on my couch after work I hurt my neck.I know I harp on about it a lot but the only thing that makes sense of it all is other people, B. And the love of a special person in particular. I really miss having a partner in my bed with me. Someday, eh Bob, someday...

Anne said...

I would but there's none near me. I think out here they are too snooty to use pay phones. If you shop at their store, you get to use their phone for free.

JR's Thumbprints said...

After fifteen years in prison (working there of course), I still question my purpose, my identity.

Dave said...

A little demon is whispering in my ear to call up pay phones at random and say in a low, ominous voice to whomever answers, "We're watching you!" and hang up.