Sunday

Some random thoughts:

I’m allowed to write even if nobody reads what I write.
I like blogs that aren’t about anything in particular - just people writing about their lives. People are at least experts on their own lives.
Sometimes I have a hard time writing comments under blog postings that are poems.
Sometimes I have a hard time writing comments under blog postings that are very sad.
Blog postings that are poems and blog postings that are very sad are the two most important types of blog postings.
I sleep poorly on Sunday nights because I dread Monday so much.
Monday’s go by quicker for me - I’m so busy and tired it’s just a blur, a lucky blur where I don’t track time, and before I know it it’s over with.
I should enjoy every minute of my life - even 9:01am Monday morning.
Yesterday I stepped outside to try and spot the space shuttle ascending into space, the launch wasn't that far from here, I saw the last one go up, but this time it was too cloudy.
Other people had stepped outside too, but since it was too cloudy, we just looked across the parking lot at each other shrugging.
Last time a space shuttle re-entered the atmosphere, it made a loud double pop: POP POP - like double thunder - louder than thunder.

10 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

I've always kept pen and paper readily available just in case a random thought takes me by surprise. Does this mean I'm trying to record an abstract idea so I can remember some memorable moment in time? Maybe. Maybe not.

Bobby said...

I used to call my home phone - my land line - in the middle of a drunken stupor - and just start babbling into the answering machine. Sometimes I'd forget and then when I played back the message the next day, I'm wondering what the . . .

Mott Cromby said...

I'm still reading you fella. hang in

Bobby said...

Still reading you too, my man.

We gotta keep it going.

jeannie said...

Good post.
Just a memory: My grandma used to say that the problems with the environment started when "they" went in to space. And every time "they" go into space some disaster of nature happens shortly afterwards.

Jennifer said...

I think if I could watch the shuttle take off one time, in person, I would count that as a life success and spend the rest of my time thinking quality, spacey type thoughts.

Lovely post.

potentially lethal said...

Sunday nights bring on a sick sort of depression to me. Been that way ever since I was a kid.

It's the same kind of sadness I feel when the days get shorter, and it gets dark earlier and ealier...

I need to work on this. I have to learn to adjust to the facts.

Thanks for another thought provoking post...

broken ladder said...

i still read you, i'm just mostly shy.

Anne said...

Some people read and don't comment. ....I don't like people like that....
Shuttles are great, but I'm waiting for the next big thing. We should have dozens and dozens of "next things" by now. We don't spend NEARLY enough on the space program. It's barely a program anymore...

Anonymous said...

"I’m allowed to write even if nobody reads what I write"

That should be plastered across the top of every blog, and pins stuck into anti-blogging journalists eyes until they capitulated about it.

Vanessa