Monday

My ‘Service Engine Soon’ light came on recently. Maybe there’s a light like that blinking inside my skull. (((Service Bobby Soon))) I drove the car to AutoZone, and they plugged into my car (free) and read the code my car computer was throwing: P0174 - System Too Lean. I googled this code. Lots of messages posted to the net about trouble shooting cars - most seem misguided... and because I’m misguided, I read a while. I soon got sidetracked. I don’t care a whole lot because the car still runs, I’ll replace this and that until... finally... whatever... and because I am misguided, I’m considering the possibility of a little more meaning and value in life - that’s what’s important now.

A plan, maybe. If I went back to school, what would it be? Creative Writing? Sociology? World Affairs? Statistics? Microsoft Certification in SQL?

Here’s something: I’m alive. I’ve been thinking about that lately - that simple statement: I am alive. Yeah, I’m going to die some day. Sometimes I’m very sad. But I’m alive right now. I’m out there living my life, and there’s a lot out there for me and everybody else who’s still living. MAN, LISTEN: I got dents in my car from a crazy fucker who, for an instant, wished I was dead! NOW THAT IS A HEIGHTENED STATE OF LIVELINESS! He wanted to smash me into a ditch. He wished I was dead - I saw it when he got out of his truck. He soon became aware that I was about to kick him in the nuts: ALIVE! He soon calmed down and came to his senses, and the cops came, but he wished I was dead for a fraction of a second there... he’s alive, and me too, and he’s probably a soccer dad and all that shit (which is good for him, you know? great)

So... the Mass Air Flow Sensor, I tried that.

4 comments:

puddlejumper said...

Hello,

I got here via your comment.

Thanks for the good wishes and for stopping by my humble blog.

Being alive is cool!

x

Pernicious said...

Man your posting skillz are strong!

Billy said...

ya man. we are alive now. is all that matters.

Bobby said...

We're alive!