Monday

Part of a special task force assembled to fix my own errors. Volume, volume, volume - wholesale errors. Jobs are social traps. Sitting on the floor of your cubicle with papers spread around you looks very ‘special projects.’ I could walk around all day carrying one piece of paper - stepping hard - a serious look on my face - I could do that all day, and people would think I was ‘about something.’ They’d offer to help. They’d fall in behind me. If they asked what was up, and I didn’t tell them, they’d assume it was really bad, and they’d just follow - with determination. They’d figure that when we stopped walking, the truth would be there.

3 comments:

mel said...

hey bobby, sup? i'm on vacation leave right now but this one took me str8 back to the office. happy nu yr.

Bobby said...

Uh oh. sorry about that. Enjoy your vacation anyway!

chopready said...

A purposeful grimmace is my umbrella...