Saturday

I could make my book myself. I could bring it to the library. I could make friends with the librarian and ask that he watch out for my book (maybe slip him a few bucks). Don’t let anybody throw my book away, okay? This is my life - all the best parts of it. My life has to mean something. I can’t let my story get lost. I have to leave documentation of myself, my journal, my story, my family’s story. Please. Let me keep my book in your library.

I’ll go all over the country making deals like this with librarians.

4 comments:

joe said...

sounds like a good plan, man.

Anne said...

Do it!
Do it!
Do it!

I've been lately so thinking about this....

Cindy-Lou said...

Warning: Mitch Hedberg quote

"The only way I could get my old CD into stores was if I took it in and left it. Sir, you forgot your CD. No, I did not. That is for sale. Please alphabetize it.

The Mighty Kat said...

yah. i hear ya too well.

if you do decide to publish, please talk to me about it. i can help.

along these lines of survival, there's bookcrossing.com, which you'd love. in fact, check it out and if you'd like to release some of my books, i'll send you some.