Tuesday

I worked seventy hours last week! Working myself silly, working myself blind, working myself brain dead. I don’t mind the extra scratch, but I reach a limit. I like to be able to have some time to myself. But...it’s always crisis mode...at every job I ever worked... I feel like such a sucker sometimes. Sometimes I think I like looking like the hard working martyr.

I’ll take the extra hours and money, but it really messes with my head on a deeper level than I realize. Like when I’m driving home at night - my eyes don’t really work very well. Or my brain. I start freakin out, wondering if I’m in the correct lane ...did I got on the right side of that median? The headlights are sooooo bright too!

I don't have a single worthwhile thing to say. I started a new book called The Sociopath Next Door, by Martha Stout, PH.D. About 4 percent of the population falls into this category - sociopath - no conscience, no guilt.

3 comments:

Miss K said...

i totally hear you man... i was there once not long ago and i used to work even more than that when i was working as a realtor... finially i coundt handle it anymore...

http://mykindanormal-mememe.buzznet.com/user/photos/soooo-tired/?id=2154177

annie said...

sounds like an intriguing read. sorry about the work overload. take it from an old gal-life's too short and work is highly overated!

~The Mighty Kat~ said...

I hear ya, man. Loud and clear. Way too much working going on. That's the scariest, when your brain just doesn't work right. I'm sure the book will help your state of mind...