Saturday

I decided to just open up my computer and start typing a blog post. I have nothing in mind, nothing meaningful has happened to me lately. This is a free write. I'm still making the hour long drive to work. I'm still in a dull job where I have lots of time to think. I'm still addicted to the internet. I'm still a recovering television addict, six months sober. It's Saturday. I ran some errands today: picked up the wedding ring from the FedEx distribution center, took back a library book, got my car worked on, roamed around the mall and became paralyzed with indecision: I could not figure out what to do next, so I sat on a bench. I witnessed a couple of very loud cell phone conversations. I heard a retired guy telling this story to a shoe salesmen: was working for the phone company in '65, I think it was, and a metal pole fell off the truck and damn near destroyed the toe. ...I'm reading the same book every time I go in the book store, it makes lots of references to other great books which also refer to books. ...I wondered what it would be like to walk from Eustis, Florida to Gainesville, Florida (and then beyond) via 441...while my car was getting serviced, I walked to the mall on 441, and on the way back to get my car, walking on 441, which is all sidewalks and strip malls, I wondered what it'd be like to just keep walking. 441 is not as scenic as the Appalachian Trail, but I was confused. I cut across a parking lot and wondered what it'd be like to be chased by cars in an empty parking lot in the middle of the night.

5 comments:

Lyndon said...

It might have been boring, but you still did more than what I did for today :)

Bobby said...

I'm going to use that Mojito recipe of yours one of these days! Today would be a good day come to think of it.

evil-e said...

thanks for stopping over at "the Crap"...

Saturdays are a good day to do nothing sometimes. It is a day to get stuff done.

Bobby said...

Yeah, I did end up getting some stuff done. I never did get the haircut though. One more week of the shaggy look won't kill me I guess.

whimsical brainpan said...

Sounds pretty busy for a boring day.