Friday

37-Year-Old Blogger Asks (again): What now?


... but he may or may not want an answer to that question...

Every day I ask this, What now? ...not seeking an answer, but instead seeking a way of thinking. I think.

Everything I'm reading lately says to start looking for the real me... look beyond the suspicions and expectations and emotional tint and other insubstantials and get a good look at the real me...quit complaining and try to be kind and play the cards that are dealt and see obstacles as inevitable parts of the path - not booby traps set specifically for me by people who really are not enemies, just fellow humans I bump into.

I’m doing pretty good lately, I guess you could say. I’m reading great books. I feel like I’m making progress in various ways, and slipping only in a few categories. I wish I was in more frequent contact with my family, that’s one category I’m slipping in. Everybody’s busy and broke though, including me. This is another category where I’m slipping, I guess...or neither slipping nor advancing, which in True Economics, means slipping. But I applied for a better paying position in the same organization, so that’s good. It at least feels like I’m working toward something there...just in case some day I realize that work and personal finance are important.

But if I do get this new job, there will be little time for daydreaming. That will throw me out of balance. Daydreaming is an important element of me, and I don’t think it’s a sin.

5 comments:

billy said...

tis the days of our lives man. go figure...

aliencg said...

Throw away the cards if you're holding less than a royal flush. Use a bulldozer to eliminate the obstacles, they are not necessary. Good luck on this new job.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

evilesb138 said...

Thanks for stopping....

I have stopped letting the infamous "them and they" tell me what to do. I just do what Mr Evil-E likes to do and handle things the way I want to handle them.

Good luck with this new job.

whimsical brainpan said...

I hope you get the new job.

As for the rest of it, just do the best that you can and enjoy what you have.

Yeah, really profound I know.

Pacian said...

Keep climbing the ladder. When you reach management they'll be paying you to daydream.