Thursday

Lately, the highlights of my days - my nights, I mean, are the short walks to the dumpster to take my trash out.  As I walk, I stare up at the stars.  It's really clear out.  The stars are so bright.  I feel connected with the whole universe and it gives me great perspective. 

I read a couple of articles about the solar system around Epsilon Eridani.  Supposedly it's pretty similar to our solar system.  You know what I'm going to say next, right?  Of course:  Maybe there's some guy on a planet in the Epsilon Eridani solar system taking his trash out across the parking lot looking up at his skies, looking right at me as I take out my trash, looking right at him.

10 comments:

Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

That's understandable, Bobby. This is the time of year when the boundary between the physical world and spririt would is at its thinnest.

foam said...

yeah .. and the guy up there is probably wondering what you look like too ..
:)

jin said...

So, what you're really saying is, one should always look decent when taking out the trash per chance they are being watched.

I'll remember that. ;-)

Thanks for the comment at my place!

Merelyme said...

awww...that was a beautiful thought. i will never look at taking out the trash in the same way again.

Bobby said...

Indigo, I'm receiving the signals for sure.

Foam, I wonder if he has a blog.

Jin, looking good means feeling good and projecting good - when taking out the trash.

Merelyme, there's that, and then there's getting the mail.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Isn't there a way where we can blast more of our garbage into space? I know Canada sends their trash to Michigan, not too far from where I live.

Bobby said...

You're right, JR. That's a great idea. We gotta get started on that before those Epsilon Eridani people think of it - otherwise there will be a space garbage arms race.

Daisy said...

Of course that's true, Philip K Dick said that stuff happens all the time.

:)

Tara said...

Well now I'll be thinking about that the next time I take my trash out at night. Last Thursday night was so clear. As I stood in line to go on a haunted tour thingy, I noticed lots of stars in the sky. Not a cloud in site.

Bobby said...

Daisy, I've never read Philip K Dick - is he more like Vonnegut or more like Douglas Adams? Or neither?

Tara, I tried to go on a ghost walk the other night but it was sold out. How does a ghost walk sell out, is what I'm wondering.