Friday

Why would you put all your 'real life shit' out there on the internet?

Nobody's ever asked me this to my face, but I could see somebody asking it. These stories on this blog are stories I would tell anybody if I got to know them for just like...five minutes or so, you know, so what's the big deal?

I've had certain... *material* ...on this blog that made me cringe when I read it later...years later...hours later. I've removed stuff.

Sometimes I wonder who all knows about this blog - like in my real world. I wonder how many people in my physical world are actually doing freaky stuff on the internet...you know what I mean? I guess I can take some comfort (and so can you) in knowing that this is as freaky as it gets for me on the internet. Read all you like, it's good stuff for bringing about drowsiness when you're trying to go to sleep.

I've tried a bunch of times in different ways to explain why I think blogging is important, and the following comes to mind: If you share your story, maybe somebody else can learn from the mistakes that you made. I'm going to rename this blog: The Mistake Log of Bobby from Portsmouth

8 comments:

joe said...

dude, if it was out there it is still out there.

teh interwebs is foeva.

Billy said...

quite a revelation for me when i go back years in my writing. am like damn that was my state of mind? am like what the hell happened on that particular day. hmm

Cupcake Man said...

The great part about blogs and Facebook etc being public is that soon everyone will have something incriminating on there that should get them fired. But at a certain point, no one will be fired or forced to resign for blog stupidity anymore, simply because you can't fire everyone. It will just be too impractical to follow the politically correct ethos to its logical conclusion: ie that we are all guilty and must be cast into the wilderness. Public/private and professional lives will meld. It will be 'live and let live', and the retaliations/penalties will take place online, not meatspace. We're not there yet though. In general we are still hypocrites about this sort of thing. Sounds crazy I know, but I traffic in crazy. I can't wait for the day we are allowed to embrace our true stupid embarrassing selves.

JR's Thumbprints said...

When an NFL Player is fined $2,500 for complaining about training camp food, I can certainly feel your pain. I sometimes wonder if I'll be shutdown. Still, freedom of speech needs to exists without censorship. Be careful my friend, very very careful.

JR's Thumbprints said...

BTW,that NFL Player commented on Twitter.

Pamela said...

How dare you delete!

Miss K said...

i feel the same, man!!!

Buy Term Papers said...

In this era of web 2.0, we easily get nice & updated information for research purposes... I'd definitely appreciate the work of the said blog owner... Thanks!
................................

term paper help-Term Paper Samples