Saturday

What's going on: That damn car that I just bought died on me last week. It was the car computer. It was covered under the warranty. I thought Toyotas were supposed to be super great though!?!? The dealership was so rude and horrible to me. WHAT ELSE WHAT ELSE: My shoulder, when it's not hurting, it feels weird - like I'm wearing an ill-fitting shirt that is binding and wrinkling and creased against my shoulder. Weird. Weird shifting of bones and muscles: twang, clunk. It's not hurting too much though. Still a visible protrusion of bone looking slightly freakish up there. The doc said they get just as good an outcome from letting it heal on its own as they do from cutting you open, sawing off the end of the bone, and reattaching the muscle -so yeah- gonna go with the less frightful option there. And then there's...what: WORKING SO HARD. Afraid not to. It's LIKE that. And hmm: Having some bad arguments with the wife. We're working through it, and I hope there's not much fight left. With all of these things going on (none of which is as bad as Baghdad), with this steady stream of low grade tribulations, I've forgotten to remember my 'mind-right/mentals-right/dharma reading/dharma practicing- but you know what? The progress I made is still there. I'm hoping to know it and live it like it's not a set of instructions you memorize, it's a way of being that you exalt yourself to. Or you try to. You try to balance yourself up there.

9 comments:

laura b. said...

I guess the previous hard work on the 'mind-right/mentals-right/dharma reading/dharma practicing' has paid off, but still being there for you in these trying times.

It's gonna get better. Anything else would be sadistic at this point.

Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

Was it a Chevy or Chrysler?

My previous car (the Civic Hybrid) had a computer failure once too. It didn't disable the whole car, just the hybrid part of the car. Needless to say, the vehicle wasn't exactly "zippy" on just the 77 HP gasoline engine until I could get the part replaced.

The Mighty Kat said...

Ah, Bobby, you're a little comedy of tragedies right now. Sending support. Your shoulder will get better. I'm glad you didn't get the surgery. Those are scary. I want to let you know how much I'm enjoying your Tweets. Even tho I can't bring my self to bust out and relax with mine, I sure appreciate you being creative and Bobbyesque. Cycles, cycles, your luck won't turn until this cycle is run out, hoping it's about time...

Bobby said...

Toyota corrola

...I'm tellin ya...

Anonymous said...

Hey big boy. At least it's not cancer haha

Billy said...

i wish we could go to south africa for the world cup next year man.

Pamela said...

ANy car can go bad. Also, some Toyotas are made in the US. Oh, was that comment un-american?

JR's Thumbprints said...

Your words, at least here in Detroit where the umemployment rate is approximately twenty-five percent, bring tears of joy to the laid-off autoworkers. Sorry. It's still not easy finding a car made (and I mean manufactured; parts and all) in the United States. I hope things get better for you.

Pamela said...

I bought a Toyota matrix in 2006. within a month the computer died. I blamed that and all my toyota problmes with that car on the fact that it was made in the US. But I"m starting to think otherwise.