Thursday

It's 4:07 am. I've been up for half an hour I guess. The only light is coming off this monitor I'm looking at, watching my typings appear on. There's a little cat meowing somewhere in the dark by my feet. If I put my hand down, she'll surely sniff it and rub against it until I pet her. I could cry about work, but what's the use. I could cry about a crazy relationship that I think just ended, but what's the use. I'm going to be tired at work later, yikes. I've been maxing out the caffeine like a fiend.

Two nights ago I went to this Eckart Tolle reading group, and it's about as positive an experience as I have had in...what...ten years? I love to exaggerate and all, but yeah, it was great. People shared insights and stories inspired by their reading of Eckhart Tolle. A cool thing that happened was: when nobody had anything to say, nobody said anything. It was not awkward. It was perfect. We would kind of meditate on the last thing that was said or just be in that gap in between talkies...that silent, still gap between the talkies. At the beginning of the meeting, the 'guidelines' were read, and one of them that I remember was (roughly): be mindful of why it is that you are speaking. Are you ego trippin, showing what a smarty pants you are (essentially), or is what you are contributing a true contribution to the flow we got going here... I will definitely go back if they'll have me. They're throwing a party, matter of fact, and I think I'll go.

No comments: