Wednesday

What I don't understand is: how can you have THAT KIND OF CONNECTION with a person, and then suddenly switch it off. I guess that's my big question. Maybe it meant more to me than it did to you. I guess that's it. It seemed to mean SO much though. To me.

This goes out to more than one person, by the way. And maybe that's part of the problem.

But: Any one of those people, though, could have been THE CONNECTION. The one. But. Each connection failed. One right after another. I'm just observing. I don't really give that much of a fuck. I do and I don't. (I do.) I don't know. It seemed to mean a lot to me. At the time. Even now. it means a lot. I don't know why.

I guess the main factor at this time, the time of this posting I mean, is this: I'm a little drunk. A lot drunk maybe.

Anyway. These thoughts get shaken loose from time to time. But yeah: How do you just switch that shit off? I think there's some kind of deep problem, yo.

5 comments:

Lia said...

Sometimes we fall in love with people who don't love us back, and fail to see the ones who love us unconditionally. But even knowing this, it's still hard to forget the memories.

Annie said...

"How do you just switch that shit off?"
I can't seem to switch that shit off, and am envious of those who can. Maybe some of us lack the switch.

Bobby said...

The memories come often, I guess you just can't pile a bunch of thinking on it when they come.

And I guess you gotta be more aware of what's really going on between.

Like a sucker, I'm sure I'll let it happen again, ha

godlizard (aka dotlizard) said...

"How do you just switch that shit off?"

Sometimes that shit switches you off. I mean the off switch itself is internal but the fingers flipping it aren't.

I guess they are still one's own fingers though? Certainly another entity couldn't just reach across time and space and cause you to shut down like everything around Future Earth in the beginning of Star Trek IV when that big thing has come looking for the whales? And it wasn't trying to throw all the switches, it just wanted to talk to some whales.

I'm sorry, I've had too much to think tonight.

Bobby said...

It all comes back to Star Trek.