Monday

Random Thoughts List

  • Anxiety can shut down your ability to explore for a solution. Your brain locks up and feels forced to act or give up, "Oh my god, I have no idea how to do this, I'm just going to throw what I know at it and hope that it works."...instead of staying loose and letting your brains be limber and nimble...


  • Sometimes it is an attitude, instead of some amount of know-how, that can get you through a problem-solving situation. I don't mean a punk rock attitude where everybody can go blank blank. I mean an attitude like: I am going to keep exploring this thing, keep my mind moving from possibility to possibility, steadily gathering information - fitting pieces together - until...maybe there's not even an until




  • #######################################


  • How is that I have I never gotten into Yelp? It seems great. Maybe the spell will where off, but it seems like a super duper cool app. I have seen some good good entries on there. All kinds of writers are out there - roaming around, writing stuff about the places they've been to. They hit on each other too.




  • I know that foursquare is cool too, and I have an account, but I haven't gotten into it.




  • Twitter and blogger are still my favorites. They have been for a while. I can see staying on them for a long time. And youtube too.




  • I'm working kind of a lot and it is making me kind of boring...but not that hard and not that boring.




  • The funnest thing I did lately was kick a soccer ball with somebody in a parking lot of a dive bar after drinking beers and Jager Bombs...haven't drank like that in a long time.
  • 3 comments:

    laura b. said...

    I would love to let my brain explore more possibilities. Because of my deep discomfort with feeling in between or undecided, I often quickly go with what I know or what seems easiest even. I consider that my most glaring weakness as a human creature.

    Bobby said...

    You do reach a point where they make you go with what you got, but i try to hold out till then, steady gathering info.

    Bobby said...

    You do reach a point where they make you go with what you got, but i try to hold out till then, steady gathering info.