Wednesday

A cop pulls into the parking lot while I'm outside smoking a cigarette. He's just looking for a place to chill. He takes a shady spot way in the back, and he sits there idling.

Everyone from the company is at a function offsite. I skip these functions a lot.

It's so hot. It's a little hard to breathe. There's a bird in a bush rasping in a way I'm not sure I've ever heard before. The lot is mostly empty.

There's so much work to do. With many of the folks at the function - I owe them some data. But. Who cares.

It's one o'clock. A couple other people skipped the party too. They're doing whatever at their desks. My neighbor is actually working.

It might have been a good opportunity to see some coworkers get drunk. Maybe I'll get a text message or two, "Hey! We're all at blah blah pub drinking blah blah shooters. Get here quick!" The 'after party.' There is too much nonthinking to do to have time for that. There are more interesting things online anyway.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

I have never had the chance to see any of my co-workers drunk. It sounds terrifying :)

Bobby said...

It makes ya squirm.