Wednesday

An unfortunate misunderstanding during an already tense time, a misunderstanding that occurs right at the worst possible moment in tense times -- this kind of misunderstanding can...really suck. It seems like the resulting disaster is a direct result of that one dumb thing that happened. Somebody's gun accidentally goes off on one side of a border between two rival countries ...stuff like that. I just now googled: "most tragic misunderstandings in history" ...I didn't find shit exactly but I'm sure there are numerous examples of this ...that have occurred on a large scale. It happens all the time on interpersonal levels (duh, why am I writing this). We want to sort situations out, and we look for a single cause, but things were already tense.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

It is interesting, the thought of tracing trouble back to a single cause. Seems more often that a series of things act in concert to create these higher levels of discordance. Doesn't mean it can't be worked out, though, so don't despair.

Bobby said...

I hope. I hope it works out. It's a mess though. A mess I made because I'm . . .how I am.